Friday, April 11, 2008

"I'm blogging. I'm blogging"

“I’m blogging. I'm blogging.” (think Bill Murray, What About Bob?). This is the start of what will hopefully be a good practice for me. One of our former pastors in Cambridge spoke of worship being rhythmic, likening it to breathing. We exhale (i.e. sing, confess, pray, maybe even teach a Sunday school class). We inhale (i.e. take the Lord's Supper, receive the Word, maybe even sit-in on a Sunday school class). The same can be said of life outside the church walls. Think of this blog as my opportunity to exhale. And hopefully it might provide any cyber-drifters that stumble upon it a breath of fresh, clean cyber-air.

It is called “Fitting the Pieces.” My hope and prayer is that I would cultivate a decidedly Christian consciousness. This blog will assist in this, being a space where I can muse over a variety of things. This blog, in other words, seeks to “fit the pieces” (news, music, movies, child-rearing, politics, art, sports, etc.).

No comments: