Monday, May 5, 2008

Wheaton and the Fact/Value Divide

I recently posted on the fact/value split that pervades American life (see below). It is a concern for Christians who are called to make Christ Lord of all their life, including their time in the public square. The recent resignation of Kent Gramm amidst his divorce and the media's response to the issue provides an insightful window into the way this split works.

Alan Jacobs, Wheaton professor and one of Gramm's colleagues, has a good discussion of the entire situation in his post for the First Things blog.

2 comments:

mknight said...

Case, thanks for giving me a brief bit of "vacation relief" while I grabbed a bite to eat in the office. It is refreshing to read, think and be challenged to think in depth about things I care ultimately about. I hope your blog causes many others to do the same.
mk

Casey Shutt said...

no problem, mike. glad there are people reading my musings.